Your tour begins at Kartchner Caverns, a stunning limestone cave located in Southeastern Arizona that boasts many world-class features that have been protected since the cave was discovered in 1974. The cavern has been surveyed at 2.4 miles long. Kartchner is a wet, "live" cave. Water percolates from the surface and calcium carbonate features continue to grow in the darkness. When you enter into either of the two main galleries, you'll see dynamic structures such as stalactites dripping down like icicles and giant stalagmites reaching up from the ground, sometimes meeting to form a massive column. The caverns are host to a wide variety of unique minerals and formations.
Then we travel to Tombstone Arizona. Best known for the famed Gunfight at the OK Corral between the Earps and the Cowboys, Tombstone is a living town with a rich and colorful history. Over the past 140 years many of the Wild West's most famous characters called Tombstone their home at one time or another. It has survived two major fires, the loss of the mining industry and countless violent encounters. After spending a few hours here you will understand why this town is called "The Town Too Tough to Die".
7:30 AM ITINERARY:
|7:00am||Transportation and staff spot at resort|
|9:00am||Approximate arrival at Kartchner Caverns/watch orientation video and tour museum|
|11:30am||Visit Gift Shop|
|12:00pm||Depart Karchner Caverns|
|12:45pm||Approximate arrival in Tombstone|
|12:45-2:30pm||Self-guided tour of Tombstone (lunch on own)|
|2:30pm||Gather for departure|
|4:00pm||Approximate return to resort|
7:50 AM ITINERARY:
|7:20am||Transportation and staff spot at resort|
|9:20am||Approximate arrival at Kartchner Caverns/watch|
orientation video and tour museum
|11:50am||Visit Gift Shop|
|12:20pm||Depart Karchner Caverns|
|1:05pm||Approximate arrival in Tombstone|
|1:05-2:50pm||Self-guided tour of Tombstone (lunch on own)|
|2:50pm||Gather for departure|
|4:20pm||Approximate return to resort|
OCTOBER 21.2021 - Kartchner Caverns and Tombstone Tour
- Deluxe transportation (please note there are no restrooms), up to 9 hours
- Uniformed MC&A staff, up to 9 hours
- Guided Tour of Kartchner Caverns
- Self-guided tour of Tombstone
- Iced bottled waters and snacks on vehicle
- All applicable taxes and gratuities
- There is a 10 guest minimum/20 guests maximum.
- Tickets for Kartchner Caverns cannot be held and are non-refundable once purchased.
- There is a maximum of 20 guests per tour for the Rotunda/Throne Room Tour (highly recommended) and 15 per tour for the Big Room Tour.
- The Rotunda/Throne Room tours depart every 20 minutes and is 1.5 hours in length. The Big Room Tours depart every 1/2 hour on the quarter hour and three-quarter hour and is 1 hour and 40 minutes in length.
- Kartchner Caverns is accessible by wheelchair (standard size).
- It is highly recommended that group tours arrive 1 hour prior to scheduled tour time to watch orientation video and tour museum.
- No purses, backpacks, water bottles, cameras or any personal items allowed in caverns.
- Suggested attire includes comfortable walking shoes. During winter months we recommend wearing a light jacket. During warmer months we recommend wearing natural fiber clothing.