Our relaxing and refreshing Scenic River Float Tour is a perfect introduction to the beauty and wonder of the Sonoran Desert. Desert rivers are a favorite foraging area for bald eagles, coyotes, wild horses, mule deer and desert bighorn sheep. Rugged mountains fill the background as we journey downstream between towering saguaro cactus and shady mesquite groves. Strangely beautiful plant and animal communities, unique to the desert southwest, provide us with abundant photo and learning opportunities. Our guides share their extensive knowledge of the interesting and colorful history of the area, discuss the native plants and animals that you encounter along the way, or simply keep a watchful eye during a spirited water fight.
6:45 AM Gather in the lobby
7:30 AM Depart the Arizona Biltmore
8:15 AM Arrive at launch site/safety briefing
8:30-10:30 AM 2-hour River Float
11:30 AM Approximate return to the Arizona Biltmore
- Roundtrip transportation to the river in a luxury air-conditioned coach
- 2-hour Guided River Float (river is swiftly moving but features no large rapids)
- Professional safety certified river guides (1 guide per boat)
- Rental of rafts, paddles, life jackets and all safety equipment
- Guides will have dry bags to store personal items (please limit your personal items to necessities only)
- Iced bottled water and dry snacks
- All license, insurance and site fees
- All applicable taxes (gratuities at your discretion)
- SUGGESTED ATTIRE: Casual comfortable clothing (such as a swimsuit) and Teva-type sandals or sneakers (shoes that can get wet). We also highly recommend wearing a hat or visor. Sunscreen is a must.
- Please notify us if you weigh over 225 pounds.
- You will be required to sign a waiver.
- Towels are not provided for this tour; however, you are welcome to bring one.