The world-famous Heard Museum is considered by most authorities to be the premiere historical center to experience the culture and art of Southwestern Native Americans. Since its founding by Dwight & Maie Heard in 1929, the Heard Museum has grown in size and stature, to where now it is recognized internationally for the quality of its collections, its educational programming and its festivals. Today, the Heard Museum of Native Cultures and Art is a must-see Arizona landmark -- a place of learning, discovery and an opportunity to share Native traditions that will touch your heart. With more than 75,000 artifacts and an outstanding contemporary collection of paintings, graphics and sculptures, the Heard provides a very special look at the lifestyles of the many Indian tribes who inhabited this land in prehistoric and historic times. The Heard Museum’s exhibit galleries feature a variety of historic, traditional and contemporary Native art and provide an intimate perspective, as Native Americans share their insights about their art, cultures and ways of life.
8:45 AM Gather in the lobby
9:00 AM Depart the Arizona Biltmore
9:30 AM Approximate arrival at the museum
9:30 AM - 11:30 AM Self-guided tour of the Heard Museum
Don’t forget to stop in the museum’s amazing gift shop
12:00pm Approximate return to the Arizona Biltmore
Guided Tour of Heard Museum
- Roundtrip transportation to the museum in luxury air-conditioned coach
- Heard Museum admission
- Self-Guided tour of the Heard Museum
- All applicable taxes (gratuities at your discretion)
- SUGGESTED ATTIRE: Natural fiber clothing and comfortable walking shoes. We highly recommend wearing sunscreen.
- The museum does not allow backpacks, food or beverages (bottles/containers) in the galleries. Lockers are available at the museum if needed.